This document explains how a user will be able to use Inventory items inside of a Work Order. Please ensure you have Inventory enabled in your ServiceBox site and you have inventory items added. If you have not yet set up inventory on your site then please follow the instructions in the Inventory User Guide here.
Using Inventory in a Work Order
When you have inventory enabled in your site, you will now notice in the time and materials page in the Work Order, there will be an additional category called Inventory. This section will look like this:
You can do the following with inventory within the work order:
- Add new Inventory items to the work order.
- You can choose the Location of where the inventory item will be pulled from.
- You can automatically add inventory items from the Quote.
- You can transfer Inventory from one location to the next.
- Check Availability of Inventory in all Locations.
Note: Once an item is added to a work order it has been removed from the inventory location selected.
The Inventory table has the following columns:
- Item Number - This is the inventory item number. This is a searchable field where you may search both the item # as well as the description name of the item here in the same location.
- Description - This is the inventory item description. Not searchable, please search above in the Item Number searchable field for an item's Description.
- Location - This is the location where the inventory item will be pulled from.
- Unit Cost - This is the inventory item unit cost. This field is not editable.
- Quantity - This is the total number of items for the inventory item in the quote. This field is editable.
- Tax Level - This is the tax level for the item. It will default to the tax level of the inventory item. This field is editable.
The inventory table has a couple of buttons as well:
The button with the green checkbox is to add new items.
The button that looks like sliders is to check the allocations of the inventory in the different locations.
Adding Inventory Items - used on the job/to the Work Order
To add inventory items to the work order you will need to search for an inventory number or description under the "Item Number" column, and then adjust the fields that load initially if required. You must choose the location where the inventory items will be pulled from, if not the default location shown. You will need to enter in a quantity of items. Then you will need to add the row by clicking on the green checkmark button. The total cost of each row is based on the Unit Cost X Quantity. Each row that is added will be summed together to be part of the sub total for the inventory section.
Adding Inventory Items from a Quote
If your work order is connected to a quote, you can pull over inventory items that are added to the quote. To do this you can open up the work order -> time and materials tab and go down to the inventory area. There is a button "Add Inventory From Quote". When you select this button the following window will appear:
The "Transfer Inventory from Quote" screen will display all of the inventory items that are currently in the quote. It will provide a way to choose the inventory quantity and the location of where the items will be pulled from. Once we select the OK button it will add these items to the work order and will pull the amounts from the inventory counts.
Note: You can also view allocation of all of the locations for the current inventory item by choosing the inventory allocation button on the row. This is the screen that will appear:
Editing Inventory Items
To edit an inventory item please select the pencil button in the inventory line item and then make the edits. You can save the changes by choosing the green checkbox or cancelling by choosing the red X.
Note: You can apply all other categories into the Quote so that we do pricing for Labour, and Non Inventory items. These will all be included in the total.
Transfer Items From one Location to Another
There may be a time where you are at a job and need to have inventory moved from one location to another. You can do inventory transfers directly out of the work order screen. To perform a transfer go to the work order -> time and materials tab. In the inventory section there is a button "Transfer Items". When you click on the button you will see the following screen:
In the transfer screen you can perform the following:
- Select the from location of where the inventory will come from
- Select the To location of where the inventory transfer will go to.
- Choose inventory items and the quantity to perform the transfer.
Once you have selected the From location and the To location, add in the inventory items that you want to transfer and choose the OK button.
Taking items out of Inventory
So it is important to mention that an inventory item that is added to a Quote is NOT taken out of inventory when the inventory is added to the Quote. The item is only taken out of inventory when the Quote items are added to a work order. You will be able to transfer inventory items from a quote into a work order when the time comes. To get a better understanding of how inventory items work in a quote please see here.
If you have any questions about this functionality please contact the Service Desk through the feedback button or to email firstname.lastname@example.org.