If you are having problems getting an invoice to sync with your accounting application, the following steps may help in solving the issue:
Issues with Customer
Check to see that the customer on the invoice has come down to accounting. To do this, go into the customer in ServiceBox and edit them. At the bottom, if they are linked to a customer in accounting, there will be a checkbox indicating that there is a link. If the customer is not linked with accounting, there may be an issue downloading the customer into accounting. Possible causes are:
- The customer's name is longer than allowed for the accounting software. If so, the connector should be giving you an error message indicating that.
- The customer's name is a duplicate to another customer in ServiceBox. If there are two customers with the same name in ServiceBox, only one can be downloaded into accounting.
Issues with Job Site
(QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online Only)
Check that the job site is linked to the customer for the invoice and that it is linked to a customer in accounting. To do this, go into the job site in ServiceBox and edit it. The customer should be selected in the drop down box at the top and at the bottom, there should be a checkbox indicating that the job site has been linked into accounting. If the customer isn't selected on the jobsite, just select it and save the jobsite. If the jobsite still doesn't download to accounting, the possible causes are:
- The job site's name is longer than allowed for the accounting software. If so, the connector should be giving you an error message indicating that.
- The job site name is a duplicate to another jobsite in ServiceBox. If there are two job sites on the same customer with the same name in ServiceBox, only one can be downloaded into accounting.
If the customer is showing that it is linked to accounting but there is still an error message on downloading the invoice, it may be that the job was deleted out of accounting. If this happens, clear the checkbox in the edit screen and re-import the customer.
Issues with Invoice
If an invoice isn't coming down to accounting but the customer and job site has (or in the case of Sage, the customer had downloaded), the first thing to check is the invoices on or after date in settings. If this date is after the invoice date, then the invoice will be ignored in downloads. To solve this either change the date of the invoice or change the setting.
Issues with Invoice Items
If the above does not resolve the issue, there may be a problem with one of the items on an invoice. Possible causes are:
- (QuickBooks Online only) the item cannot have the same name as an item category in QuickBooks online. This should be indicated by the error message.